On June 1, 2017, the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum began its work, the events of which are united by the motto “In Search of a New Balance in the Global Economy”. The main objective of the Forum was a constructive and open dialogue to discuss the main directions of the development of the world community.
In the work of the session on the topic “The position of the Russian Federation in the rating of favorable conditions for doing business, the” international trade “rating of the world bank doing business rating was attended by the Chairman of the Public Council under the FCS of Russia. Also, Deputy Minister of Transport of the Russian Federation – Head of the Federal Agency for Maritime and River Transport of Russia VA. Olersky, the first deputy head of the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation, RV. Davydov, vice – president of the All – Russian public organization “Business Russia” V.Yu. Survillo and representatives of business.
Discussion of current topics took place during the sessions:
- «Made in Russia. Creation of a national brand of Russia “, during which issues of creation and promotion of the national brand of our country to the foreign market were raised. The discussion was attended by the Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation Denis Manturov, the head of the project “Made in Russia” by the Roskongress Foundation, Mikhail Sadchenkov, the vice-president of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation Vladimir Dmitriev;
- “The Far East of Russia – the construction of a new economy,” which was attended by representatives of Russian bodies both legislative and executive authorities, and the main speakers were investors who have already invested in the development of the Far East;
- “Destination – Russia: growing popularity of inbound and outbound tourism”, where priority directions of the industry development were discussed: creation of infrastructure, improving the quality of tourist services and effective promotion of tourism in the domestic and foreign markets;
- “Globalization in a new way: every man for himself?”. The organizer of the session is Valdai Club. The discussion was devoted to a new situation in the world economy related to the election of the new US President Donald Trump. The participants of the session discussed the future of world trade and other institutions in the new conditions, the views of both financiers and politicians of several world powers – China, the US, Russia – were presented;
- “Development of the market for legal consumption of audio and video content.” The session was opened by Alan Thompson, Director of the International Financial Integration Department of the International Investment Bank (IIB), marking the impressive growth of the global market for audio and video content consumption;
- “Distance Economics,” which discussed issues of changes in the spatial economy and development of the transport system. Among the participants of the session: the Minister of Transport of the Russian Federation Maxim Sokolov, the Secretary General of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Fan Liu, the Deputy Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation Anton Inyutsin, the head of Europe, Middle East and Africa Uber Technologies Inc. Pierre-Dimitri Gore-Kochi.
The SPIEF presentation area with the support of EY gathered on its site domestic and foreign investors, company executives, representatives of public authorities, who discussed prospects for the implementation of regional and federal projects in the country. The operator of the presentation zone was the Russian TASS news agency. Within the framework of the rich presentation program, various business events took place with the participation of the Deputy Chairman of the Moscow Region Government, the Minister of Investments and Innovations of the Moscow Region Denis Butsaev, the Director of the Corporation for the Development of the City of Sevastopol Nikolay Brusnikin, the First Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus Vasily Matyushevsky, the First Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation Igor Shuvalov.
The Prime Minister of the Gabonese Republic, Emmanuel Issoze-Ngonde, takes part in the Forum; Prime Minister of Mongolia Erdenebat Jargaltulgyn; Vice-President of the Republic of Zimbabwe Felekezel Mpoko; Second Vice-President of the Republic of Burundi Joseph Butore; First Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus Vasily Matyushevsky; Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Economy, Minister of Internal Security, Minister of Defense of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg Etienne Schneider; Vice-Prime Minister, Minister of International Economic Integration and Reforms of the Republic of Armenia Vache Vazgenovich Gabrielyan; Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Crafts of the Republic of Croatia Martina Dalic; Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan Gulomzhon Ibragimov.
On June 1, a number of investment agreements were signed, as well as memorandums and agreements on intentions. According to open sources, 174 agreements were signed for a total of 386.7 billion rubles (agreements are taken into account, the amount of which is not a commercial secret).
The largest of them are:
- An agreement between St. Petersburg and the Eurasian Development Bank on the participation in the construction of the Eastern Chord in the amount of 150 billion rubles;
- An agreement between St. Petersburg and VTB Bank (PAO) on the implementation of an investment project for the construction of a high-speed city highway for the amount of 110 billion rubles;
- Agreement of intentions between St. Petersburg and Alex Fitness LLC for the amount of 13.1 billion rubles;
- An agreement on cooperation between the Moscow Region Government and SPEM LLC for the amount of 12.6 billion rubles;
- An agreement on social and economic cooperation between the Government of the Leningrad Region and Primorsk-Development LLC for the amount of 12.0 billion rubles.